Post 1: Genius Hour

Post 1: Genius Hour
Hi everyone, welcome to my blog! 

My name is Emil. 

My BTT is Green Industries!

I have a working background in Landscape Architecture, and my personal passions include personal development, design and entrepreneurship. 

For my genius hour project, I chose a topic that would be practical and a fun personal challenge with a positive projected impact on my personal life but also the potentially of others. My selected genius hour project is a blend of my passion for personal development along with my passions for design problem solving and entrepreneurship.

Genius Hour Question

How can you develop & sustain new goal aligned habits in 6 weeks?


Why I chose the Topic

Atomic Habits Book Cover
(reference below)
Why the topic of habit development?

I chose this topic for personal reasons but also because I wanted to create, document and share a solution to effective habit formation that combines all the various mainstream techniques.


After all, we are all a product of our habits, which are the product of the systems we have in place (Clear, J., 2024). Systems are the processes that lead to our desired results (Clear, J., 2024).


Project Goals

Since we fall to the level of our systems, my goal is to create a system that is fun to follow, provides clarity on goal alignment, and allows you to track processes, all with the final objective of creating sustainable goals.


Throughout the 6 weeks, I will document my journey of trial and error in creating the "ultimate" habit tracker/planner.


What I hope to find out:

By the end of the six weeks, I will create an effective habit tracker/planner, actively use it to develop positive habits, and ultimately test its effectiveness.


What I hope to find out is how effective this system I am creating through the compilation of various mainstream techniques will be.


I would like to share the final product with others so they can use it as well to help them achieve and crush their personal goals.


I'm excited to start this journey and document its progress!



References:

Clear, J. (2024). Atomic habits summary. James Clear. https://jamesclear.com/atomic-habits-summary


Clear, J. (2024a). Atomic Habits Book Cover. https://jamesclear.com/. Retrieved 2024, from https://jamesclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/atomic-habits-dots.png.








Comments

Popular Posts